What is the patient portal?
The patient portal is a secure online website that gives patients, convenient, 24-hour access to their personal health information from anywhere they have an internet connection. Using a secure name and password patients can view their health information, such as recent doctor visits, clinical summaries, medications, and allergies. The portal allows you to do things such as directly communicate with your doctor through secure messaging. You may request prescription refills or appointments, and pay your bill online.
Why is using a patient portal important?
Accessing your personal medical records through a patient portal can help you be more actively involved in your own health care. Accessing your family members’ health information can help you take care of them more easily. Also, patient portals offer self-service options that can eliminate making phone calls, or unnecessary trips to the office.
Is there a cost to use the portal?
No, the portal is free of charge.
When is my current patient portal changing?
The patient portal will “go-live” on March 10, 2020. You can still access the current portal through March 9, 2020.
When can I enroll in the new patient portal?
You can enroll starting March 10, 2020, or later.
Can I access the portal through a mobile app?
Currently there is no mobile app.
Can I still pay my bill online?
Electronic bill pay will still be available through our website.
Will I lose the information in my current patient portal?
Records from the current patient portal are only available to download, or transmit for a limited time from now through March 9, 2020. See the instructions below on how to download or transmit your health information on or before March 9, 2020.
What if I forgot my username?
When you access the portal, click “Forgot username?” under the Username field. You will then be prompted to enter the email address that is linked to your patient portal. Click submit and then a message will appear notifying you that an email containing your username has been successfully sent. Open the email to view your username and then return to the secure portal to login.
What if I forgot my password?
When you access the portal, click “Forgot password?” under the Password field. You will then be prompted to enter your Username or your verified email address. A message will appear notifying you that an email containing your password reset link has been sent (please note that if you are using an email address to recover your password, but you are not receiving email, you will need to type your username). Open the email you received and click “Password Reset.” On this page you will need to type your new password as prompted. Once your new password has been created, you can return to the secure portal to login.
Is the portal available in Spanish (or other languages)?
Currently the portal is only available in English.
- Click here to access the secure portal.
- Login with your username and password.
- Click on the 3rd tab that says “My Chart” and then choose “View My Chart” in the drop down.
- Then choose “Download and send my chart” located beneath the “Renew Medications & Patient Education” tabs directly under the practice name, “Maryland Eye Associates.”
- Choose “Blue Button Download My Data” to generate a PDF or choose “Save CCDA” to generate a XML file.
- Choose “Send” if you want to transmit your information to someone else.
- Enter the email address and message if applicable.
- Create a password and then retype the password to confirm they match. The password will protect the chart file attached to the email. The password is established by you and you will be responsible for providing the recipient the password you create for them to view your PHI that you sent.
- Click “Send My Chart.”